Follow these tips if you see mold growth in your Dutchess County home
Mold spores occur naturally in the environment, but if you’re noticing some unusual looking growth on any surface inside your home, you could have a mold issue. Mold needs lots of moisture or a small water source to flourish so locating and repairing the source of the water is the first step. Usually a small, consistent leak is the culprit.
Once that issue it taken care of, SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County’s certified mold remediation experts will guide you in the right direction to getting rid of it, and our estimate are FREE.
Meanwhile, keep these steps in mind:
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas. Let your family members know, keep the pets out too!
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold. This won't penetrate the surface and will not stop the growth.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are experienced and highly trained restoration professionals that use advanced, specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today (845)831-3600. We’re here to help, 24/7.