Wondering if you have a mold problem in your Dutchess County home?
The not-so-great fact: Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a false statement as removing all mold from a house or business is impossible. Microscopic mold spores, or microbes, exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are some true facts:
- Mold is present just about everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and can enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitchhike indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be located and repaired. It will come back if the water source is still there.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor as well as dark spots and fuzzy-looking characteristics on walls, floors and even personal items like clothing.
- Consistent higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County has the training, the expertise and specialized equipment needed to handle your mold problem.
What to Do Before Help Arrives:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County at 845-831-3600 for mold remediation services. We’ll schedule an appointment for you with one of our experts and our estimates are FREE.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold. BLEACH DOES NOT KILL MOLD.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, our teams have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Let us take the worry out of it, we’re here to help and will make your mold issue "Like it never even happened."