Recent Storm Damage Posts
SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County Can Help With Your Storm Damage!
SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County can help make your storm damage "Like it never even happened."
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (845) 831-3600
Why Choose SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County?
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- We're Faster to Any Size Disaster: When a storm hits your Dutchess County home or business, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
- We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists: As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm condition.
- We're a Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters: In addition to our own resources, we can access equipment and personnel from over 1,700 Franchises across the state and country. We can even call upon strategically located Disaster Recovery Teams for catastrophic storms and major events.
- Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources: As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County is strategically located to respond quickly to your water or flood damage event. When a major storm or flood event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our Hudson Valley communities! Call 845-831-3600 today for help!
When winter weather strikes, SERVPRO strikes back!
Winter Weather Storm Damage
Did a winter storm cause water damage in your Dutchess County, NY home or business? Here's some winter weather tips!
This last storm for the Hudson Valley area predicted 16-24 inches of snow and severe cold temperatures. That can lead to water damage, roof damage, broken pipes & ice damming. SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County wants to make sure you are prepared for storms and know what to do in case you do have a damage!
Tips for Preparing your Home for Winter Weather:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of the home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shutoff valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off".
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shutoff.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
Tips for Preparing your Business for Winter Weather:
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and/or snow, can cause branches to fall which would cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County about creating an Emergency Ready Profile for your business for any future or potential emergencies.
If your Dutchess County home or business experiences water damage, broken pipes or ice damming, don't hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County at 845-831-3600. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
When Storms or Floods hit Ulster County, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Dutchess & Ulster County.
SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Ulster County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 845-255-4334
Flooding, Water & Storms: Hurricane Season is Upon Us Hudson Valley
Hurricane Season could affect Dutchess & Ulster County.
June 1st marks the official start of the hurricane season. After experiencing Hurricane Irene and Super Storm Sandy in the Hudson Valley, the importance of Hurricane Preparedness is at an all time high. Here at SERVPRO of Western Dutchess County & SERVPRO of Kingston/New Paltz, we want to make sure that you and your customers are prepared in case another hurricane sweeps through our area. Here are some tips for you to follow to help prepare for the unexpected!
“WATCH” is issued when there is a threat of hurricane conditions within 24-36 hours.
“WARNING” is issued when hurricane conditions are expected in 24 hours or less.
Hurricane Preparedness Tips:
Have an emergency supply pack assembled and on-hand. Some items to include:
o Bottled Water
o Blankets, pillows & sleeping bags
o Extra Batteries
o Portable, battery operated radio
o First Aid Kit
o Non-perishable food items for family members, as well as pets
o Non-electric can opener
o Prescription Medication
o Cash and credit cards
o Sturdy shoes such as sneakers and work boots
1. Protect your windows by boarding them up before the hurricane strikes.
2.Trim back branches from trees to avoid falling debris.
3. Check into your home and auto insurance to see exactly what is and is not covered.
4. Set up an emergency communication plan with family members and friends in case of an emergency.
Develop an Emergency READY Profile for FREE through SERVPRO and have all the critical emergency information at your fingertips before disaster strikes! FREE SERVICE. FREE APP. LIFE SAVING TOOL.
And in the event of any damage caused by storms, call us to help make your disaster “Like It Never Even Happened™”
845-831-3600 or 845-255-4334
Preparing for Hurricane Season!
June 1st marks the official start of hurricane season.
Here are some tips for you to follow to help prepare for the unexpected!
1. A “watch” is issued when there is a threat of hurricane conditions within 24-36 hours. A “warning” is issued when hurricane conditions are expected in 24 hours or less.
2. Have an emergency supply pack assembled and on-hand. Some items to include:
• Bottled Water
• Blankets, pillows & sleeping bags
• Extra Batteries
• Portable, battery operated radio
• First Aid Kit
• Non-perishable food items for family members, as well as pets
• Non-electric can opener
• Prescription Medication
• Cash and credit cards
• Sturdy shoes such as sneakers and work boots
3. Protect your windows by boarding them up before the hurricane strikes.
4. Trim back branches from trees to avoid falling debris.
5. Check into your home and auto insurance to see exactly what is and is not covered.
6. Set up an emergency communication plan with family members and friends in case of an emergency.